I have been reading about goal setting and 30 day challenges and I know that it takes 30 days to create new habits, so this morning I made a decision. I am challenging myself to work on my goals every single day for 30 days. I thought I would start on the 1st of September, but then I thought why not start today.
I found this picture this morning and there were a number of items on this list that spoke to me – #3 Get started on a project. What have you been talking about doing but not begun yet (I don’t think I have enough paper or time to list all of that…)? Set aside a day to plan it out and get started….
Okay. I sat down and started to list things that I want to/need to do over the next month. I still need to put them into priority order, but here is my list:
- prepare emails for Marketing and Public Speaking clients (get response)
- Complete Facebook posts for VVA, Renfrew, Pembroke, SSTSS, Fran Watson
- Link FB posts to challenge highlighting what I am learning
- learn Instagram
- write emails for marketing and public speaking
- post weekly blogs
- finish my poetry e-book
- write short stories for book to go with some of the poems
- clean up the shoe rack by the door
- take bags of clothing to charity – SA or church
- record books I want to sell using app on phone (buy full version)
- create a minimum of 1 lead gen/sign up page/product – choose what it will be
- listen to Tom Antion’s Screw The Commute Podcasts
- listen to the Strategy Hour podcasts
- create a podcast
- create a slide presentation with me in it – public speaking tips
- set up interview with Gail for authors book to be out in October
- do final speech for advanced manual – VVA
- go through box of papers from kitchen table
- finish quilt binding
- wash mom’s quilt (needs large washer)
- recycle old Toastmasters material (speeches and books prior to 2017)
- reading – make a list of books to read in the next 6 months – 1 per week
Phew… I think that is enough for right now although I know I will be tempted to do #7 in the picture above.
My challenge in goal setting is to Read these goals every day and work on at least one item per day for an hour.
I will work on prioritizing them tomorrow.
P.S. What challenges do you have? Do you want to join me in my challenge? Post below.
Let’s do this!!