April 22 is Earth Day, a day for taking action to help the earth, “going green,” and making a thriving environment for our future generations.
- Organize a park cleanup in your city.
- Stream a tree-planting ceremony where you plant a tree and talk about the benefits of living in harmony with nature.
- Take a walk in a forest setting
Strolls amidst nature are therapeutic. Take advantage of Earth Day to reflect and wander about in nature today.
When it feels like I have very little steam left in my engine, I head to nature. I find an outdoor environment and get lost in it. There is something healing and renewing about fresh air.
Inhaling the scents of the elements of nature connect me to my origin. I am reminded that I am naturally strong and capable.
Outdoor time allows me to heal difficult relationships with friends and family members. The fresh air gives me a clear mind and a shift in perspective. The same is true when I am searching for new business opportunities at work.
I am more innovative when I seek inspiration from nature. I become creative by observing the intricate patterns on leaves and the precision with which nature feeds itself each day.
Strolling through the forest nearby teaches me that it is possible to live well with others. When I see the plants sharing the same resources each day, I know I am capable of living in harmony with my colleagues at work. There are enough opportunities to make each person a success story, so I willingly share them with others.
Today, the renewal of my mind and body are possible when I make time for nature strolls. I am thankful for the power of healing and clarity that comes from a natural environment. My life is richer when I take cues from dwellers in the natural world.
1. How much time do you dedicate to nature walks?
2. What are some of the answers you find when you take some time to walk amongst nature?
3. How are you able to bring the natural influence into your personal space?
Going Green – Spring Cleaning Tips That Are Good for the Earth
Spring cleaning is a popular time to get your life into shape. You can use the opportunity to make many positive changes to your home and life. You can organize, clean, and bring a happy and peaceful feeling to yourself once you’re finished.
In addition, you can take earth friendly steps to do what’s best for the planet while you’re cleaning.
Here are some ways you can go green while spring cleaning:
1. Use green cleaning products. Your first step should be to use green cleaning products instead of traditional products that contain harsh chemicals. These products are better for your own health as well as the environment. This is because they’re non-toxic and are generally made from renewable resources.
2. Make your own cleaning products. You don’t even need to purchase “green” specific cleaning products. You can clean just as well using homemade cleaning solutions made from baking soda and vinegar. They’re known as the ultimate all-purpose cleaners and can clean nearly any surface.
3. Air out your home. One of the easiest and best ways to bring a natural and clean feeling to your home is to simply air it out. This will flow out toxins and rejuvenate your home in a completely natural way. The best part: All you need to do is open the window!
4. Keeping your air fresh. Do you use air fresheners to keep your house smelling nice? Rather than buying ready-made fresheners, you can go with something completely natural, instead. Herbs and plants give off pleasant odors. You can even consider baking more often to bring some nice scents into the home.
5. Use green cleaning services. Maybe you don’t always have time to complete your cleaning on your own, especially the deeper cleaning that’s usually associated with spring cleaning. Shop your local area for people advertising green cleaning services; it’ll take the work out of green cleaning for you and you know you’ll be doing the best thing for your home and family.
6. Prevent unnecessary dirt. You can also use spring cleaning time to bring out some new home rules created with prevention, instead of clean-up, in mind.
* Start with the floors and all the dirty, toxic materials that get brought in on your shoes. Simply start a “no shoes indoors” policy and your house will stay cleaner in the first place.
7. Air-dry your laundry. During spring cleaning, you might be taking the time to wash many larger items like blankets and comforters. Find a clothes line and air dry these if possible. There’s nothing like the smell of sun dried clothes… It takes me back to my childhood…freshly washed sheets on the clothesline.
8. Cleaning your furniture. You can even make your own wood cleaners and polish with healthy, natural ingredients. Use a combination of olive oil and lemon juice to clean and polish your wood furniture. This cleaner produces a shiny and pleasant smelling finish.
On Earth Day and every other day, going green with your spring cleaning is a great idea. You’re helping the planet, exposing yourself to fewer chemicals, and saving money at the same time. Oftentimes, it’s just best to go natural. Follow these tips and go green while you clean!
Happy Earth Day 2021!!
P.S. The song at the beginning of this blog is one of the many recorded by my son Aerik Watson #aerikwatson #singersongwriter